Date: May 5th
Line up time: 11:15 am
Guests must be seated: 11:45 am
Procession begins: 11:50 am
Convocation ends: 1:30 pm
Day of Convocation
- 11:15 am at Kingsbury Hall lower west entrance.
- All graduates plan to arrive in cap and gown.
- Tassels should be on the right side.
- Reader cards will be given to you when you arrive. Please fill out both sides.
- Doctoral students should also write the title of your dissertation on a separate note card.
- This will be read while you are being hooded.
Where to Line Up
- Undergraduates will line up on the sidewalk near the lower west entrance of the Kingsbury Hall (if the weather is bad, please line up in behind the graduate students).
- Graduate students will line up in the first hallway near the lower west entrance of Kingsbury Hall. (There will be signs on the front entrance, and college of education staff there to assist you.)
Please leave purses, bags, cameras, and personal items with your guests. You may not be returning to the same seat after walking across the stage for the presentation of graduates and awarding of degrees and certificates.
College of Education staff will be available to assist you. We will be wearing name tags.
The College of Education does not issue tickets. Kingsbury Hall has limited seating available for guests. Please be considerate of your fellow graduates.
- Seating will be roped off for graduation candidates and convocation staff.
- There is no standing room available. All guests must be seated.
- Guests should be seated by 11:45 am.
- The academic processional will begin promptly at 11:50 am.
- Guests are asked to avoid the lobby and the entrance to the auditorium during the
Processional and convocation ceremony.
- Regalia can be purchased online through the bookstore. http://www.info.campusstore.utah.edu/docs/studentgraduation.html
- Late orders are available on a first come, first serve basis. Sizes and colors cannot be guaranteed.