Mission and Values
The mission of the College of Education is to create a learning environment that fosters discovery and dissemination of knowledge to promote learning, equitable access, and enhanced learning outcomes for all students. Through the integration of outstanding teaching, research, and community outreach, the College of Education investigates significant issues impacting education policy and practice, while preparing its students for leadership and excellence within a diverse and changing educational community.
- Local and national recognition as an excellent educator preparation and professional development institution.
- High quality, nationally recognized research that informs educational policy and practice.
- Diversity of students, faculty, and staff, and an instructional emphasis on preparing educators to work effectively with student populations from diverse economic, cultural, racial, and learning backgrounds and abilities.
- Integration of research, teaching, and outreach efforts that serve the education profession, community, and children and youth.
- Educational programs, teaching, and advisement that are responsive to the needs of students and the education community.
- Supportive and collaborative relationships among faculty, students, staff, and educational programs within the college.
- Instructional emphasis on using technology to improve student learning and other educational outcomes.