2022 College of Education Convocation
The General University Commencement will be on Thursday, May 5, 2022 at 6:00pmat the Jon M. Huntsman Center, 1825 S Campus Drive.
Please visit the University of Utah’s Commencement webpage for info: https://commencement.utah.edu/
College of Education Convocation
Friday, May 6, 2022 at 12:00pm at Kingsbury Hall, 1395 Presidents Circle
Published May 5, 2022
View our Convocation Graduates Reel here:
RSVP & Tickets
All guests will be required to have a physical ticket to enter Kingsbury Hall for the Convocation ceremony (including infants and children).
- If you filled out the RSVP form for Convocation, you will get 2 tickets plus the additional tickets you requested in your RSVP. You will be able to pick-up your tickets from the College of Education Dean’s Office (room 3202) from April 18 – 28 from 8am to 5pm. You will need to show your photo ID and sign the ticket sheet to receive your tickets. Please note that lost tickets cannot be replaced.
- The College would like to put together a slideshow with each graduate’s name, department, and major/degree for the audience to view as they are being seated. If you would like your picture added to a slide with your Department and Major/Degree information, please send a photo of yourself in either a jpg or png format, your department and your major/degree to email@example.com no later than Friday, April 22nd.
- Overflow space for guests that do not have a ticket will be in the Thompson Chamber Music Hall in the Libby Gardner Hall Building, 1375 President’s Circle, (located directly west of Kingsbury Hall). Convocation will be streamed live in the Hall.
- ASL Interpreters and closed captioning will be available at Convocation.
Information can be found at: https://www.campusstore.utah.edu/utah/student-regalia-information
Day of Event for Graduate
- There will be a College of Education canopy set up on the lawn of President’s Circle (south of Kingsbury Hall) where you can meet to take your own pictures in front of our banner immediately after the ceremony until 3:00pm.
- Wear your cap and gown, with the tassel to the right. Wearing of masks will depend on the COVID-19 protocols at the time of the event. It is strongly advised that you do not bring bags or purses to Convocation. You will not end up in the same seat after your name is read.
- Arrive no later than 11:30am and meet on the lawn west of Kingsbury Hall. Line up behind the College of Education degree sign that matches your degree (Ph.D., Master or Bachelor’s).
- Faculty ushers will assist you into the auditorium. Once you are in your row, remain standing during the rest of the processional, then you may sit down when the Dean instructs you to do so.
- Pick up a yellow reader card and fill out the requested information by the time you get backstage. You will hand this card to one of the faculty readers onstage.
- A faculty usher will assist you at the appropriate time to line-up for the awarding of your degree. Staff will assist you backstage of when to give your yellow card to the reader. After your name is read, you will walk across the stage, receive your diploma cover, proceed backstage for a green screen photo and return to your seat. Be sure to follow instructions from event volunteers. Ph.D. students will be hooded onstage.
- Island Photography will photograph the official awarding of the diplomas, as well as a single picture of each graduate. You will receive a free color proof with the option of more copies for purchase. Do not wear green under your gown, as a green screen is used for the photos. This link is to Island Photography's Graduation Registration, if you want to provide your information ahead of time: https://orders.islandphoto.com/Apps/RegisterGraduates.aspx
- Parking is free on campus that day in designated lots. See below for specific information.
- Kingsbury Hall will have a canopy set up on their plaza to check-in strollers, car seats and/or oversized bags, as these items will not be allowed into the auditorium.
- Convocation will be a live stream event here: http://www.kaltura.com/tiny/09equ and on our College home page
Click here for the program.
Please click here for the latest parking information: https://attheu.utah.edu/facultystaff/commuting-and-parking-around-commencement-2022/
Due to lane restrictions on 500 South, we recommend leaving early to allow for delays and are recommending using the following routes to enter campus on the day of Convocation.
Coming from the north, west or southwest of campus:
Head east on 100 South and towards the U of U Hospital. This road becomes North Campus Drive. Recommended parking for Convocation at Kingsbury Hall will be the parking lot of the Merrill Engineering Building.
Coming from the east or southeast of campus:
From Foothill Drive, exit at Mario Capecchi Drive. Follow Mario Capecchi Drive around the east side of campus until you get to North Campus Drive. Head west on North Campus Drive. Recommended parking for Convocation at Kingsbury Hall will be the parking lot of the Merrill Engineering Building.
You are allowed to park in any of the general parking areas on this map and walk,
take U of U Shuttle Buses or ride TRAX.
Shuttle Buses and TRAX are free within campus that day.
If you are attending Commencement at the Jon M. Huntsman Center on Thursday, May 5th at 6:00pm, you may want to park in a general parking area shown on the Huntsman Center map.
For questions about the ceremony, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note that details of Convocation are subject to change. Revisit this page for updates as the event draws near.