Students graduating from the College of Education will have their degrees conferred during the college convocation ceremony in Kingsbury Hall.
Date: Friday, May 4, 2018
Time: 3:00pm – 4:30pm
Location: Kingsbury Hall
Parking: Rice-Eccles Stadium and ride the free campus shuttle which runs every 10 minutes.
Date: May 4, 2018
Line up time: 2:15 pm
Guests must be seated: 2:45 pm
Procession begins: 2:50 pm
Convocation ends: 4:30 pm
Day of Convocation
• 2:15 pm at Kingsbury Hall lower west entrance.
• All graduates plan to arrive in cap and gown.
• Tassels should be on the right side.
• Reader cards will be given to you when you arrive. Names will not be typed on the cards; please fill out both sides.
• Masters Students should arrive wearing their hoods.
• Doctoral Students will be hooded when their name is read.
• Dissertation titles will not be read during the ceremony.
Where to Line Up
• Undergraduates: line up on the sidewalk near the lower west entrance of the Kingsbury Hall behind
the graduate students
(if the weather is bad you will line up in the first hallway. There will be signs outside and College of Education staff there to assist you.)
• Graduate students: line up on the sidewalk near the lower west entrance of Kingsbury Hall.
(There will be signs outside and College of Education staff there to assist you.)
Please leave purses, bags, cameras, and personal items with your guests. You may not be returning to the same seat after walking across the stage for the presentation of graduates and awarding of degrees and certificates. Please ask your guests not to bring tripods to the Convocation ceremony, as they can present a tripping hazard.
College of Education staff will be available to assist you. We will be wearing Volunteer badges.
The College of Education does not issue tickets. Kingsbury Hall has limited seating available for guests. Please be considerate of your fellow graduates.
• Seating will be roped off for graduation candidates and Convocation staff.
• There is no standing room available. All guests must be seated.
• Guests should be seated by 2:45 pm.
• The academic processional will begin promptly at 2:50 pm.
• Guests are asked to avoid the lobby and the entrance to the auditorium during the processional and Convocation ceremony.
• Anyone needing special seating/accommodations needs are asked to give notice to the Dean’s Office by April 20th. Please call 801-581-8221 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students or guests with disabilities (including individuals in wheelchairs and those who have limited mobility) attending convocation can request special accommodations by contacting Talin Jensen at 801-581-8221 or email@example.com. The College requests that guests give reasonable prior notice by April 20, 2018. We ask that guests arrive early and use the handicapped entrance located on the East side of Kingsbury Hall.
Note: Requests made the day of convocation cannot be accommodated; prior notice must be given.
A professional photographer, Island Photography, has been authorized to photograph all graduation candidates. A representative from Island Photography will contact graduates after the ceremony with information on how to purchase the photographs. You are not obligated to purchase these photographs. Family and friends may take pictures as long as they do not disrupt the ceremony.
Campus parking lots may be used at no charge during Convocation and Commencement ceremonies. Families are encouraged to drop off guests who cannot walk long distances at Kingsbury Hall before parking their cars. Graduates and guests are encouraged to park at Rice-Eccles Stadium and ride the free campus shuttle which runs every 10 minutes.
Cap and Gown Orders
• Regalia can still be purchased online through the bookstore - http://www.campusstore.utah.edu/utah/student-regalia-information
• Late orders are on a first come, first serve basis. Sizes and colors cannot be guaranteed.
Diplomas are mailed to graduates from the Office of the Registrar within three months of graduation. If your address, phone number, and/or email address change, update your information immediately in the Campus Information System (CIS). The Registrar will use the most recent address listed in CIS when mailing your diploma.
Question or more information regarding the College of Education Convocation, please contact Talin Jensen at 801-581-8221 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The College of Education is looking forward to seeing you at Kingsbury Hall on May 4, 2018.
The University of Utah Commencement will be held on Thursday, May 3, 2018 at 6:30 pm in the Jon M. Huntsman Center. This University-wide ceremony will confer all college degrees en masse (except the School of Law and Medicine). Candidates for graduation in the summer 2017, fall 2017, spring 2018, or summer 2018 terms may attend. All graduation candidates should arrive in cap and gown by 5:00 pm in the Parking Terrace, west of the Huntsman Center. The processional will begin at 5:50 pm. For more information, please visit the Commencement Ceremony page. Those who are unable to attend commencement can watch it streamed live on utah.edu/live or online the next day via video.kued.org. The ceremony will also air again on KUED Channel 7 on Saturday, May 5 at 5:30pm.